Sunday, May 17, 2009

The closer you get...



Only 2 weeks and 1 day before our appointment with Dr. Min. I can't believe that time has gone by that quickly. However, I am feeling much different this time around. I am extremely nervous and anxious about the whole ordeal. I was so happy and excited the first time... I can't be a sattelite patient this time so I am going to have to go to Ottawa for all of my b/w & u/s's. Do I get up super early in the morning (5:00 am) and drive there or should I stay at a hotel the night before and drive home afterwards. Will Mike & Taylor come with me? How long does Mike need to take off of work? Will I be late? Will Taylor be okay? How many inspections does this mean Mike will miss? Can we afford to stay overnight in the hotels? How grumpy am I going to be if I get up that early? Should I bring Taylor to the appointment on the 2nd? Waaaaayy to many unanswered questions that I have been trying to ignore for weeks. I am such a planner and I can't stand not knowing what to do! I really think I need to talk to Mike about it all but sometimes he just makes things worse LOL!!! To be even more of a downer I haven't even talked about the whole rollercoaster of emotions that goes along with IVF! Will it work? How many follicles do I have? What's my E2? I hope I don't mess up the injections! How big are they? When will I get to trigger? How many eggs did they get? Will they be mature? Will they fertilize? Will they keep dividing? How many are left? Will it be a 3 or 5 day transfer? Will I have any to transfer? How good of quality are they? Will one implant? I could go on forever LOL!! I think in order for me to feel better about things I need to get a plan in regards to travelling to Ottawa every other day and as I get closer to trigger, everyday. Ultimately, I think staying in the hotel the night before would be better. It might be an added expense but atleast I will be able to function and not be so grumpy from lack of sleep. The meds already take a toll on the old attitude, I better not make it worse and be tired too! Now to break the bad news (spending $) to Mike. LOLOLOL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, when you break the money news to Mike you could also tell him how much you will be saving on meds! Remind him of that. I think ultamately you need to do what will keep you as stress free as possible. I know that will be hard. Let me know if I can help out with Taylor at all. I am here if you need help with her. Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete