Sunday, August 30, 2009

I was getting nervous…

So I POAS last night and this morning and now I feel better.  I just wanted to make sure the lines weren’t lighter and they weren’t.

Last night’s test.  The test line popped up right away and it was the control line that I was waiting to pop up LOL!  I can’t believe that the test line is much darker than the control line.


This was this mornings test and it is darker than the last test I took so I feel reassured again.  I still have another test because I am sure I will be freaking out in another week or two.  Hurry up Sept 21st!!


Tuesday, August 25, 2009


Baby_in_egg_by_aqua_glowWe went to the clinic yesterday to get my beta done.  I was hoping for a # in the 400-500 range because that was the average for 18 days past transfer.  I thought maybe I might have a higher # because when I was pg with Taylor my # at 17 days past transfer was 940.  The nurse called and said I see you decided to make the trip to the clinic to get the beta and I said yes, blah, blah, blah.  Then she said well it was worth it because the test was positive.  Then she asked me how many I transferred and I told her 2 and then she said something else like Oh two, I see.  Then I asked what the # was and then she said well that’s why I asked how many because your # is 1938!!  I said “Wowser, that’s really high LOL”.  She agreed and said we wouldn’t be sure until the u/s but it  sounds like there are two in there.  I’m still not so sure.  I had such a high beta with Taylor that I think it could still only be one.   Either way we are really excited and I can’t wait for the u/s.  It is scheduled for the 21st of September… soooo far away!  We are really hoping to see a heartbeat and have a healthy baby in 9 months.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Getting darker


Well today’s test is starting to look more like the control line so I think I might stop POAS LOL!  I only have one left and knowing me if this belly bean does stick there will come a time between my monthly appointments with the doctor that I will absolutely convince myself that the worst has happened.  I kept a few of the pee sticks in my office when I was working  just for that reason.  I have changed my mind again and I will make the drive to Ottawa for my beta test.  I can’t wait to get the # until Tuesday, so I will post when I know what it is.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So far so good!


I have been POAS since the day of my trigger.  I got a BFP until 8 days after the trigger and after that it was BFNs.  On Saturday I got the faintest of lines, so much so that I wasn’t sure if it was there or not.  On Sunday it was still really light so I still didn’t want to say anything.  On Monday it was darker, but still light.  This is today’s test.  Still light but much darker than Saturday’s squint test.  My beta is scheduled for Monday, I tried to move it to Friday but the clinic wasn’t budging!  So hopefully it is a nice high beta because they won’t do a repeat beta and my u/s isn’t scheduled until the 21st of September!  That’s a long time to worry about everything that can happen LOL.  DH and I are very excited but very cautious, however it’s hard not to dream about all the great things to come.  So exciting yet so terrifying!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Babies on Ice?


Nope!  They weren’t able to freeze any of the embryos but honestly I wasn’t expecting to be able to.  Because of that fact I am not all that bothered by it.  Would it have been nice?  You bet.  It just wasn’t in the cards for us.  Hopefully 1 of the 2 they transferred will stick around for the next nine and a half months to make up for it LOL! 

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Transfer Report

2400162762_2421863469The house of cards has been built!  Hopefully there isn’t a breeze LOL.  We transferred 2 blasts today.  They were both graded 2.5, so not great but not bad, just average.  One blast was farther ahead than the other.  The one that was farther ahead was a B4 which is just before a hatching blast, so I guess right were it should be.  The other one was a B1.  My RE gave me about a 40-50% chance of getting pg and about a 30% chance of twins.  It is still much higher than the "fertiles" have so I'll take what I can get LOL!  There were 3 morulas that they were growing out today and we may or may not have some to freeze.  I have to call tomorrow morning to find out if there were.  My beta test is on August 24th but I will POAS long before then, I’m impatient like that.  One second I have a good feeling then the next… not so much, but that’s just the way it goes.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

5 Day Transfer


As the title suggests we are on for a 5 day transfer.  I didn’t hear from them today so that means we will have the transfer on Tuesday.  The clinic will call me tomorrow or Monday with the time to come in.  When they call they will not tell me how many embies are left, how they are growing, or give me grades… this is good or bad depending on how you look at it.  On one hand it is nice not to have to worry for 2 more days if they aren’t where they should be but on the other you don’t know how they are at all!  I like to know as much as possible as soon as possible LOL!!  I guess I might as well just try and forget about it because stressing about it won’t change a thing, so for the next 2 days I might as well be the guy in the photo LOL!!!

Friday, August 7, 2009

The Report

7 Well out of the 9 eggs they retrieved 9 were mature and 9 fertilized.  So we have 9 babies on the grow!  I am scheduled to go in on Tuesday for the transfer but if less than 5 look good tomorrow they will call me and I will go in on Sunday for the transfer.  It would be nice if there were some to freeze but I am not expecting it and would be thrilled if just one looked good by the time the transfer rolls around.  Grow embies grow!

Thursday, August 6, 2009


IVFThey retrieved 9 eggs.  Now all they have to do is ICSI them and let nature take it’s course (as much as possible when it comes to IVF).  I will know more tomorrow when they call and give me the update.  I have to say that this was the most painful ER yet!  It is fun to watch the follicles being drained though.  I was feeling no pain and quite high until the RE really started pushing down to get to the follicles in the back.  It felt like he was pinching a nerve and both of my legs had shooting pains going down them but thankfully it didn't last more than 5 minutes.  I am tired because we got up at 4:30 this morning and a bit sore but other than that I feel good.  My E2 on Tuesday was 6994 Canadian or 1906 American.  I had the newbie RE do my ER today but the RE that did my last retrieval was in the room guiding him.  I think I might have preferred the original LOL! 

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Time to trigger!


I was right, I trigger tonight.  I trigger tonight at 8:30.  My E2 was the highest it has ever been on day 10.  With my first cycle it was in the 3000’s Canadian or 700's American, with this cycle it is 5024 Canadian or 1369 American.  So it's nice to see a higher E2 than the first cycle, maybe this means we might have a few good quality embies… then again maybe not LOL, who knows?!  I had 1 @20, 4 @18, and 4 @17, the rest were @16 and below.  My ER is Thursday morning at 8:30.  I am happy to be able to sleep in tomorrow, after getting up at 5:00 am for the past few days 8:00 or 9:00 (depending on when DD gets up) seems like sleeping in real late LOL!!

Monday, August 3, 2009

One More Day?


I went in today not expecting to trigger and that's exactly what happened LOL.  I have to go back again tomorrow.  This time I think I will be triggering tomorrow.  Apparently 5 more follicles have decided to make a push for retrieval so now I have 11 follicles from 12-18mm.  So they want to try and let the 5 smaller  follicles catch up. I still don't think many more than 6 will be of quality and I'm fine with that. My E2 is starting to rise nicely.  It is a bit higher now than the first cycle  so that is encouraging.   I was also looking at my lining measurement and I made a mistake.  It is almost 12mm not 17 mm LOL, I thought it said 1.77 cm but it was actually 1.17cm and it was 1.18 cm today.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Still Stimming


Today I had 6 follicles in the 12-16mm range.  I also had 20 some other smaller follicles but they won’t catch up or if they do be of quality.  My lining is at 17mm, I am wondering when it becomes too thick LOL!  So far this cycle is so similar to the first one… let’s hope it ends the same.  My E2 on Friday was 1097 Canadian and 299 American.  I have to go back tomorrow for another check.  They said I might trigger tomorrow but usually when they say that it never turns out that way LOL.